The Silent Auction for Katie is now complete! The auction took place on Friday, March 19 - Sunday, March 21. A huge thanks goes out to our generous sponsors who donated such amazing items, and to each and every bidder who participated! Now let's all walk away REAL WINNERS by donating our bid amounts directly to Katie to help pay for her medical care. After all, that's why we're all here in the first place!

Learn about our incredible Sponsors by reading our "Sponsor Spotlight" series, with interviews and insights into these unique artisan's work! We encourage you to support their shops.

Be sure to read more about Katie's inspiring story in her fight against cancer on the right hand column below. And follow our blog for updates... there's more to come!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sponsor Spotlight - m.e. Art Design


m.e. Art Design is an online studio filled with whimsical drawings, paintings, and other works of art, all created by artist and owner, Michelle. With a strong sense for color, movement, and imagination, Michelle sells her original work as well as affordable prints that would undoubtedly enhance the atmosphere of any office or home.


We were excited to have the chance to sit down with Michelle and learn a little more about her work. Check out the details in our interview below!


Donations for Katie: Thanks for taking the time to chat with us! First, why don't you tell us a little about yourself.

Michelle: I'm a mom to two little boys. I am also an artist, and a graphic designer.

DfK: How did you get started in your craft?

M: I've always loved to create. So, I went to school for Graphic Design, but eventually found myself drawing and illustrating and liking that more.

DfK: What do you love most about your work?

M: I really never know what the result of my endeavors will be, but I do love it when I'm able to create something that captures the imagination and touches the viewer. I feel some of my work does that.

DfK: Where do you get your inspiration?

M: I get my inspiration mostly from nature, observation, and subtleties in life.

DfK: What made you decide to support Katie through this auction?

M: Katie's life is precious. Though strangers, we are all connected and need to support one another.

DfK: Anything you'd like to say to Katie directly?

M: Katie, from what your friends say, you are the type of person who gives strength and inspiration to others despite what you are going through. Not everyone can do that and it is a gift. You're in my thoughts and I wish you the best.

You can check out more of Michelle's beautiful work by visiting her shop!

~ Sneak Peek ~


Wondering what Michelle has decided to donate for this weekend's auction? This gorgeous "Flora" print just might be involved! Come back this Friday, March 19th, to place your bids!