The Silent Auction for Katie is now complete! The auction took place on Friday, March 19 - Sunday, March 21. A huge thanks goes out to our generous sponsors who donated such amazing items, and to each and every bidder who participated! Now let's all walk away REAL WINNERS by donating our bid amounts directly to Katie to help pay for her medical care. After all, that's why we're all here in the first place!

Learn about our incredible Sponsors by reading our "Sponsor Spotlight" series, with interviews and insights into these unique artisan's work! We encourage you to support their shops.

Be sure to read more about Katie's inspiring story in her fight against cancer on the right hand column below. And follow our blog for updates... there's more to come!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sponsor Spotlight - Hoodwink


At Hoodwink you'll find a varied selection of artsy, often reconstructed clothing options. From adorable tshirt tanks to the most unique pair of chucks you'll ever see, Hoodwink strives to renew your wardrobe with quirky pieces you won't find anywhere else.



We caught up with the owner and artist, Julia, to learn a little more of what Hoodwink is all about. Check out the details in our interview below!



Donations for Katie: Thanks for chatting with us! First, why don't you tell us a little about yourself.

Hoodwink: I am currently a graduate student for fashion design at Drexel University, and recieved my Bachelor's degree at Tyler School of Art in Fibers.

DfK: How did you get started in your craft?

H: I have been doing crafts for as long as I can remember. I remember as a small child, making purses with my mom, out of sheets of felt and Velcro. She says I loved putting anything together that was tedious and had small pieces. I can see this still tendency for repetition and attention to detail constantly coming through in my work today.

DfK: What do you love most about your work?

H: I love making things that are usable, while still being unique and interesting. I love seeing things come together, and the final product that is created.

DfK: Where do you get your inspiration?

H: I get my inspiration from everything around me. Between school and work, I am constantly surrounded by creativity, which is what keeps me going and keeps me inspired.

DfK: What made you decide to support Katie through this auction?

H: This seemed like a great cause and and a wonderful opportunity to help someone in need through my creativity.

DfK: Anything you'd like to say to Katie directly?

H: You are a strong and brave person. You are in my thoughts, and I wish you nothing but the best!

You can check out more of Julia's work by visiting her shop!

~ Sneak Peek ~


Love that pair of crocheted All Stars that you saw above? You'll have the chance to bid on them this Friday for the little one in your life. Wouldn't they look adorable on?
Come back on March 19th to place your bids!